Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Party Pooper

Hey all,
I´m sitting at the Bearded Monkey Hostel in Granada right now, waiting to meet Mike. Mike should be arriving from Honduras either tonight or tomorrow. I can´t wait to see him.
Flakesy and I left Playa Santana on Monday after a great weekend of surf. We headed to San Juan del Sur and stayed at the Casa Oro, a great hostel. We met up with a couple guys from Austria we´d met at Buena Onda the week before and had ourselves a night on the town.
I was up at dawn the next morning, not feeling hung over, but not feeling well. I had my first bout with travellers sickness and spent most of the day on the toilet. But I was keeping food down and it seemed like it would soon pass - at least that´s what I was hoping becuase I had 4 hours of bus rides in store for me the next day.
Flakesy and I travelled north near Playa Maderas to stay at a place he knew from his first trip to Nicaragua several years ago. We had a crowded but fun surf in small waves Tuesday night at Maderas, and then I was early to bed, hoping my stomach would improve.
This morning I woke up, having sweated through all my sheets and ripping them off in a kind of crazed deep sleep....but it worked and I was feeling a lot better. I surfed Maderas at dawn, then caught a shuttle back to San Juan del Sur after breakfast.
Just arrived at the hostel in Granada. Does not look like much from the outside, but you walk in and are greeted by an open courtyard full of palm trees and hammocks...pretty cool. Tomorrw will be my first day without surfing since arriving! Wow.

2 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Brandon said...

coming to granada today dont move from that hostle

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Sam said...

YES! Mike and I will be here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home